Thursday, April 20, 2017

Wheels Fitted

I love it when things work out.  Picked the tyres up Wednesday after work, wheels got delivered in the evening.  Dropped them off at a garage Thursday on the way to work, picked them up on the way home, then headed to the 280Z.

Firstly, a shot of the car now that it's had time to settle on the springs:



So let's do this!  Firstly, wheel off...



See all that crud lying on the ground?  That was soil and dirt that was inside the previous shock boot.  I didn't want that happening again - something that was left over from fitting the lowering springs and struts was clamping down the dust boots:



Yeah, I used hose clamps.  I'd like to get proper CV-boot clamps on them eventually, but this is what I had lying around and it'll do for now.

New vs old:


And fitted:



Pretty happy with that.

One more thing - I had a Joyfast gear knob in my old MX5.  You won't believe how much different a heavy chunk of metal can make to the gearshift feel on a car.  Well, Joyfast don't make a M8x1.25 or whatever the thread is of the 280Z, so I grabbed a helicoil set and used that to step down from the M10x1.5 thread on the Joyfast knob.






No comments:

Post a Comment