Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Vancouver and Fuel

Progress on the 280Z has been a little slow over the last couple of weeks, as I was away with work in Vancouver.  Nothing much to say, we got an inch of rain every day but one, when I got out to take some pictures and trek seven miles all over.


All in all, it's a fun city.  Had a lot of fun walking around.

Onto the car.  I changed all the locks over, so now I can actually lock all the doors with the same key.  No pictures of that, because... well, it was pretty boring.  If you look at the picture below, you can see a lock that I replaced.  Or just look at how nice the car is.


The fuel pump was making a horrible noise, so I'd ordered a replacement.  Full of excitement, I went over there, got the car up on ramps and starting looking at what was required.  Sadly all the rubber fuel lines were hard, and I really didn't want to pull them all off, let them split etc.  Begrudgingly I busied myself by changing the fuel filter in the engine, and replaced the fuel hose there as well as one was weeping a little:


I've got some proper sized clamps on my shelf to fit when I'm next there.

At the top of this shot below, above the brake cylinders, you might notice a gap.  Well, it turns out that the washer bottle is meant to fill that gap, which would explain why the washer button does nothing.


I had a root through the spares boxes and result! A washer bottle and pump.  The nozzles are still on the car, so it looks like I was in business.  Unfortunately the piping was so old it had gone completely solid, and when trying to remove it, I snapped one of the nipples off the base of the bottle, so now I'm waiting for a brass replacement to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment