Sunday, March 19, 2017

Little Things

Another afternoon on the car and I got a couple of little bits tidied up.  Firstly, the dimmer knob was missing, and there was no handle for the bonnet release.  The easiest thing to do was fit a whole new release cable, which was a nice easy task.  It was nice to start doing some actual spannering, and I was pleased to find every single bolt came out easily.


I've got some thinking about what to do with the cracked dash.  New dashboards are ridiculously rare / expensive, but you can get covers to redo them with.  Hmmm.


There were a couple of broken link covers in the engine bay that I swapped out:


The brake fluid appears to be a little low, and maybe it's weeping a little out of the one of the unions.  I liked the details on the lids:


I also got the seats out and threw them back in the Jeep, with the intention of recovering them this week when the kit arrives.  When starting the car, I also noticed the fuel pump making a weird buzzing noise.  It looks easy enough to replace, so a new one is on it's way.

The weather here is getting much nicer, so I'm getting super excited to get it on the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment