Saturday, March 11, 2017

A Proper Look

Despite it being -9C, I made it over to my friend's house with a few goals in mind.

Fitting the new rear plate:


Well that was nice and easy.  You can see the holes from the rear bumper - I'm mulling over what to get to put on the rear, I don't like the OEM dumpers (they also weigh 110lbs).  I'm sure I'll find something.

I then secured the battery down in the front, and took it out for a very short run to see if anything exploded.  Well good news, I'm still in once piece and the car is too!

First things I noticed - the steering is SUPER heavy.  I've been spoiled with power steering for as long as I can remember, so I guess this is something I'll have to get used to.


The brakes are pretty worn.  Once it gets warmer outside, I think I'll take a look at them.

Aside from that, everything was good.  I had a good look over the car, it's in great shape.  The only issue of concern is the rust in the boot shut at the rear:


The patch is very localised.  I'm going to get some quotes for repair.

And now some just general shots of the car.  I love the styling on these, and every time I see the car, I'm noticing new details.




No comments:

Post a Comment