Monday, March 13, 2017

History

I had a spare evening which I thought spend going through some of the history that came with the car.  There was a couple of big folders, so I decided to sort it out by date.

Firstly, there was a cool Datsun brochure from the year the car was purchased:


Sadly I'm not as cool as this guy, so I might have to give up ownership:


I organised the history that I had by year.  There was quite a bit of it, but it's all pointing towards the 76k mileage being genuine, which I'm pretty pleased with.  Being a Californian car, it had to past a smog test every year, along with a road worthiness test.  This has led to a heap of money being spent on oil, spark plugs and the fuel system.  The owner around '00 seems to have spent an inordinate amount on replacing pretty much every single thing that could've broke, so he was either very unfortunate, or didn't mind doing some work.


There were a few cool old bits of paper, like this toolkit list:


Then a nice bonus; the original warranty and service booklet:


And it looks like someone was a bit naughty as some point around 1986:


And finally, big thanks to my friend in Edinburgh for the key rings!




No comments:

Post a Comment