Friday, March 10, 2017

It's here!

Chris arrived on Wednesday at my friend's house where the car is occupying half the garage.  It's a bit grimy from being trailered for 3.5 hours, but it's just as good as I first though.


I had to buy a battery for it, but it fired to life straight away.  I started a mental list of the immediate parts that I'd want to replace before getting some serious usage out of it - weather strips, the latch for the bonnet is broken, a couple of trim pieces missing.  If I'm being picky, the cracked dashboard will probably annoy me enough eventually to recover it, and the seats have seen better days.  They're leather, but most of the stitching is coming apart.

Oh, and bumpers.  It probably needs them before I drive it on the road.  It came with two sets; the original, 110lb, ugly as sin chrome ones, or some much small other chrome bumpers that I think are from a 240Z and will require some new brackets.


Aside from that though, there really was very little to do before it could be pressed into service.

It's been added to my insurance so I could pay sales tax on it, and get the title transferred over to my name.  The DMV was feeling fairly agreeable today, and I was only waiting for about 30 minutes before I could hand over some money in exchange for a couple of plates and a bit of paper.

Tomorrow (after the England / Scotland rugby game) the car will get a good hosing down, and a comprehensive list of parts written.  I also want to sort through all the spares that came with it and get some more photos in the daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment