Saturday, July 29, 2017

Storms and Fireworks

We had some impressive storms rolling through Minneapolis a week back, and I grabbed this picture from my apartment's rooftop:



The whole sky was lit up an eerie shade of purple with every lightning strike, so after a few attempts (about 200) I finally managed to capture it.

A couple of nights later, there was a fireworks display for the Aquatennial festival.  Unfortunately, I had to work, but I set my camera up in my window and took a few shots.



I also managed to get a couple of bits and pieces done on the 280Z.

First up, the odd spark plug is now no longer odd:



Next up, the spark plug wires were all over the place:



You can see the left over brackets that should be guiding the wires over the cam cover.  I sourced some replacements and...



Much better!

Final little piece was swapping the throttle body for a modified one with no BCDD valve:



Very simple job, new gasket fitted as well and happy to report there's now no sticking throttle and the car drives very, very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment