Thursday, May 25, 2017

Parents Visit - Part One - Voyageurs and Beyond

My mum and dad came to visit me in Minnesota.  A couple of years ago we went to the North Shore area, around Duluth.  This time I booked a a cabin near Voyageurs National Park:


Voyageurs is on the Canadian border, home to Kabetogama lake.  Around the area, there's plenty of hiking, forests, rivers and of course, lakes.

This is my first time getting out and about with my new (to me) Olympus OM-D E-M1.  I'm very impressed with the ease of use, and the resulting pictures.


Looking across the lake from the resort, there was Echo Island:


Some evidence of previous roads near the Ash River trail - there's a great logging trail that runs along the south bank of the lake to Vermillion Falls:


And the waterfall:


And now just some general shots of the wildlife, trails and views from the Voyageurs and the Superior National Forest:


Some ferns unfurling:


Some birds:


These butterflies were everywhere:


And probably the closest I'll get to a bald eagle:


And finally a shot of the lake at night.  Sadly I didn't get any good shots on a clear night.



No comments:

Post a Comment