Sunday, April 8, 2018

280Z ITBs - Parts

I hadn't really planned on doing this for the 280Z, it was more of just a long term dream.  But then the exchange rate was good, so I pulled the trigger on some ITBs from Japan:


The kit came with everything you could possibly need - including this nifty vacuum block:


The quality of the ITBs is excellent, I can't wait to get these on the car.


One key component that's not included is the fuel injectors.  I picked up some second hand RX8 injectors, which should give me plenty of fuel flow:


I had the injectors cleaned and flow tested, all six of them getting a clean bill of health with matching flow rates.  It's still regularly snowing in Minneapolis, so anything I can do indoors is welcomed right now.  With that in mind, I spent a pleasant Sunday morning fitting up the fuel rail and injectors.


Next up was changing the TPS connector over for a plug that matches the rear of the wiring loom:


Bottom is the TPS adapter for the GM unit I won't be using, top is the ITB TPS.


Finally, I looked at figuring out the fueling situation.  The FPR on the car right now isn't going to cut it, as it's hard to relocate (plus it's ancient).  So I've picked up a Aeromotive unit that will give me 30 - 70 PSI:


Fitted up the fuel fixtures using Permatex No. 3:


And the plan for the fuel system looks like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment